Breaking News

FBN Holdings releases update on investors that attain 5% ownership.

FBN Holdings, Nigeria’s leading finical group and owner of FirstBank and has further provided information on the shareholding status of those who have attained 5% ownership including Mr. Olufemi Peter Otedola and Mr. Tunde Hassan-Odukale.

In a note the Nigerian Exchange signed by Seye Kosoko, Company Secretary, the group clarified that Mr. Tunde Hassan-Odukale, a Director of First Bank of Nigeria Limited directly held 26,231,887 shares (0.07%) and indirectly held 1,897,280,212 shares (5.29%) which added up to 1,923,512,099 shares or (5.36%).

The indirect shares were due to his controlling interest in entities which include  Leadway Assurance Company Ltd, ZPC/Leadway Assurance Prem & Inv Coll Acct, Haskal Holdings Ltd, Leadway Capital & Trust Ltd, LAC Investments Ltd, Leadway Properties & Investment Ltd, Leadway Holdings (Holdco), OHO Investment, and Leadway Pensure PFA.

As for Mr. Olufemi Peter Otedola, the note confirmed that he is directly holding 10,000,000 shares (0.03%) and indirectly holding  1,808,551,625 shares (5.04%) through  Calvados Global Services Limited which translate to total shareholdings of 1,818,551,625 or 5.07%.

“We have not received notification from any other shareholder on the attainment of 5% shareholdings. We assure the Exchange that we will make regulatory disclosure upon receipt of such notification from any shareholder,” the note said.

“In line with applicable regulations, FBNHoldings will continue to notify the appropriate agencies and authorities whenever we receive any notice of significant shareholding by Shareholders and the Company’s Registrars.”

About MediaWaves Editor

Check Also

Proposed redesign of the Naira is economic suicide: Sheikh Gumi says

Influential Kaduna Muslim cleric, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, has condemned the move by the Central Bank …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *